Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lithium Batteries / charger for Boat
(11-27-2023, 09:05 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: I didn't take notes when this conversation was had before so wondering if you'd mind repeating some of this info???
First off for a trolling motor 24 volt, how many amp hours of power do you need to run all day?  (Will 100 amp-hours work?)
Second on an online bank charger on a boat, if you have 24 volt trolling motor and a 12 volt starting motor would I need a 3 bank or two bank charger? If a 3 bank do you have to unhook the jumper wires so the batteries can be charged one at a time? This assumes I am using 2 12V batteries wired in series to make the 24V....  
Third, I think, Has anyone had any experience with LiTime lithium batteries?  Are they any good?  I see they have a cyber Monday deal where you can get two for $475... I think that is about half of what they were last time I looked, so since I need new trolling batteries, i think I'm going to take that plunge... Let me know what you think... Thanks Jeff

Are the Noco Genius a good boat charger?

not sure about lithium, I've heard good and bad but currently run two 12 volt AGM's and need to replace one this spring, so will probably stay that way.   I can run all day (6-8 hours) at medium high throttle with my 22' tritoon and minnkota terrova 80# with that set up.   I can definitely vouch for the NOCO, they are great. I have one on my cranking battery and a 2 bank on my trolling motor batteries.  I installed a plug that lets me run an extension cord to it and plug it in easily at the end of the day and it charges them right up and maintains them for longer spells between boating. been very happy with them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lithium Batteries / charger for Boat - by chubby chaser - 11-29-2023, 09:54 PM