Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lithium Batteries / charger for Boat
(12-06-2023, 01:44 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Jeff said,"Lithiums should be stored at 50% charge, that is like 13.15 Volts.."How can 50 % of the charge be 13.15 v are you talking about 50% of the charge for 24 v system?  If you are talking about 50% of a 12 v battery, shouldn't that be 6 v?

Curt, it was kind of crazy how they showed the numbers. Anything above 13.33 volts is full charge, 10-12 volts is considered dead. 13-13.15 is 25%, 13.15-13.2 is 50%, 13.3-13.33 is 75% and greater than 13.33 is considered 100% charged. It’s a lithium thing on when the batteries have power to feed the system. So like mentioned it must be useable voltage. Later Jeff

(12-06-2023, 02:00 AM)Marble-eyes Wrote: Jeff,

Dubob is correct; the only con with lithium batteries is charging during freezing temps. A friend who installs off grid solar systems claims you shouldn’t charge when below 32 deg.
I used the same batteries (100ah) you have after ice out on the Bear earlier this year, 18 foot aluminum, spot locked in the current for approximately 3-4 hours, two days in a row, never recharged after first day. I had 60% battery life left after using for two days! You’ll be very happy. And the weight difference is almost unbelievable!

Thank you that sounds really good, I’ll give them a try in the morning and report back. As far as weight goes, I nearly split a gut getting my old lead acid size 31’s out of the boat and these are feather light. Really like that part for sure. Might be the best thing for my health for sure. Not sure what I’m going to do to charge them during the winter, with no garage. Might have to pull them to charge, glad they’re light. Thanks for this info, much appreciated. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lithium Batteries / charger for Boat - by SkunkedAgain - 12-06-2023, 04:27 AM