Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Am I Missing
[b]So I've been out a couple times lately on the ice and I have caught very few fish, in fact in the last two weeks I've got less than a hand full of fish.  Up until last night I've blamed it on not seeing hardly any fish so that's why I'm not catching them... Well last night I found a spot where there were enough fish that I should have been catching fish.  Years past in this situation I would haul up a good batch.. but last night I didn't even get a decent hit until after dark.  I was using multiple BDS jigs (tungsten beads, pat's dart heads, cut'r bugs etc.) that have always caught fish in past years.  I was using night crawler nibbs, and meal worms for bait.  That's all I had, years past they have worked fine.  I used very light tipped rods, bobbers and regular ice rods... I could not get the fish to hit no matter what I was trying.  Anyone have an idea what I could be doing wrong that I'm not recognizing.. I do plan on getting some different bait, I need some spikes and chub meat, but beyond that what should I look at trying?  I'm fishing in a area that has crappie, bass, bluegill and catfish.... oh and perch...   Oh yeah I have been jigging multiple ways, dead sticking... trying everything that I've had work in years past... Only difference is I'm using the 360 so I can see the fish all around me, so I know they are there now... I guess it could be fish that don't usually bite, but I did get two fish after dark, that I couldn't get out of the hole, one was a crappie and I'm not sure what the other one was, it had big wide shoulders and wouldn't fit through the 6" hole... and it popped the tiny jig lose... The other fish popped the jig lose as well as it was coming out of the hole and I couldn't grab it until it got back down the hole... Too slow.... Anyway I'm very frustrated today since I could not buy a bite when I finally got into some fish... Maybe I've lost my touch, but I need to know how to get it back... Appreciate any help you can offer... Later Jeff[/b]
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
What Am I Missing - by SkunkedAgain - 01-05-2024, 02:55 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by SkunkedAgain - 01-06-2024, 03:13 AM
RE: What Am I Missing - by wiperhunter2 - 01-06-2024, 02:50 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by RookyFisher - 01-06-2024, 07:33 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by SkunkedAgain - 01-06-2024, 11:05 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by TubeDude - 01-06-2024, 11:23 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by SkunkedAgain - 01-09-2024, 06:56 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by BULLOCK9 - 01-09-2024, 05:31 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by Foamy8 - 01-09-2024, 06:38 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by TubeDude - 01-09-2024, 08:55 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by SkunkedAgain - 01-09-2024, 09:39 PM