Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHEN AND WHY .....
According to the information that I have read, the chubs were not native to that area - i.e. the upper Strawberry River and its tributaries. The chubs are native to the Bonneville Basin, but not the Colorado River drainage, of which Strawberry is a part. Perhaps it was not fishermen who introduced the chub into the area, but I am curious as to why we have a difficult time believing that fishermen introduced chubs to the lake when we have dozens of examples of fishermen illegally moving fish from one water to another, and we have hundreds of examples of fishermen using illegal bait to catch fish.

Also, I believe the implication that the reservoir crashed because the DWR cut down on stocking is weak. I used to fish the reservoir a lot and there was a clear and steady decline in both the numbers and qualities of fish that were being caught prior to treatment. Fishing slowed considerably and the fish that were caught were much skinnier than in previous years. I also started to catch lots of chubs on flies. I still maintain that the DWR had little choice but to treat the reservoir.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
WHEN AND WHY ..... - by BADFISH - 03-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Re: [BADFISH] WHEN AND WHY ..... - by Shrimpboy - 03-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Re: [BADFISH] WHEN AND WHY ..... - by Shrimpboy - 03-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Re: [BADFISH] WHEN AND WHY ..... - by baetisman - 03-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Re: [baetisman] WHEN AND WHY ..... - by Shrimpboy - 03-26-2004, 06:10 PM
Re: [Shrimpboy] WHEN AND WHY ..... - by baetisman - 03-26-2004, 07:08 PM