Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mother of all WIllard reports
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Willard had me so irritated that I thought I’d take the time to really dig up some info and learn a few things about the place. It started innocently enough by reading the Willard bay archives,(yes, every single one!) lots of good info in there, but its hard to keep it all in your head. So I get this epiphany to organize it all into my usual fishing log format. I liked what I saw but decided I would like more info so I started adding more things to it until it became this hugely insane project that I’m not telling how many hours it took me to complete. Now, where does that leave me? Perhaps with little more than a lot of mostly useless data that I really haven’t got a chance to analyze yet. Or perhaps there are a few hidden treasures in there that are just waiting to be discovered. To tell the truth it’s way too big of a headache for just a humble fisherman like myself to handle. So for all of you fellow crazies who have spent too much time in the sun and like to think of fishing as a science, why not help me analyze this big pile of data and see if we can spot any trends, patterns or something useful. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Download the Excel file (hope it works)[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]A few keys to it: It’s far from perfect and I’m working with second hand information from many different people (some of whom probably always catch fish and some who may not be as lucky) so I expect many flaws abound. I never really expected I’d be sharing this so be forgiving if it’s a bit sloppy [/font]J[font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Post in red are ones where the fishing seemed to be “getting hot” [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]If the time the fish were biting best was reported I tried to put specific hours in. Barometric pressures were for those specific hours (as it fluctuates during the day) and was based on Ogden reading, but I suspect it’s close as I can get.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Moon Phase I measured mostly in 8ths. I thought about using pics but copy and paste for each day would get very tiresome.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]There are a few places where reports were sketchy and fishing seemed slow, I summed those times up in one entry.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]If you see any improvements to be made lets hear some ideas, keeping fishing logs can be a science in itself. If you have any data from your own logs (water temps would be nice) let me know and I’ll revise the records. It might be nice if some of the original posters of the reports would take a look and chime in WH2, old coot, BLM, Predator, fishin’ fool, Nomoose, and all you many others who were kind enough to share your knowledge.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]So all you data analysts out there….take a Tylenol, put on your reading glasses, and tell me your secrets![/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Mother of all WIllard reports - by Jigz - 04-23-2004, 12:53 AM