Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mother of all WIllard reports
I dont know about all that.

Its interesting info, well done, I hope it works for you.

As for a reposnse to "It might be nice if some of the original posters of the reports would take a look and chime in WH2, old coot, BLM, Predator, fishin’ fool, Nomoose, and all you many others who were kind enough to share your knowledge.[size 1]"[/size]

[size 1]All I can say is there was a time when I fished willard dang near every day. I was on the water a minimum of four hours a day, and I averaged a lot of fish. I have had several days where I caught over 50 fish between two of us in the boat. [/size]

[size 1]BUT, I now must admit to myself and the world, that times change. Fishing at willard has changed. Back in 1994 when the DWR put shad into willard and the populations of shad were smaller, things were obviously different. Willards main attraction was catfish. Well, the shad changed all that, and time has changed lots of other things as well. [/size]

[size 1]I cant get the numbers or the size I used to. Boils are much smaller in size, shorter lived than in the past. The big schools of hundreds of wipers havent materialized in the past three or four years. [/size]

[size 1]Some specualte that as the shad have become established, and widespread, the wipers have less need to school up causing the catch rate per day to drop since you have to cover more water to find fish that are more spread out. its a good theory. [/size]

[size 1]I dont know why, i dont know how, all I know is that as willard has changed, I have not been able to effectivley change with it. [/size]

[size 1]Maybee your report or whatever you call it holds the key to the future method that will yeild 50 fish days at willard again. [/size]

As bodies of water change, and go through periods of drought, new growth, changes in cover, structure, and fishing pressure, the anglers who climb to the top are those who change with the conditions. Good luck to you.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Mother of all WIllard reports - by Jigz - 04-23-2004, 12:53 AM
Re: [Jigz] Mother of all WIllard reports - by PREDATOR - 04-23-2004, 09:35 AM