Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry fine report 6/05/2004
Got up to the marina about 9:00 pm last night and stayed over at the lodge at the marina with my son last night . Rented a boat from the marina and fished south of the marina . Trolled various cranks and jig fished for a while today . Only boat 15 fish but had several fish rip the hooks off my lures , and they are not the cheap ones . Pointer 78's shadraps rapalas , etc. . But what really kills me today , I lost one of my rods and it was right next to me . Maybe it was the fact that I couldn't sleep knowing I was so close to heaven . I only slept about 4 hours but I could hear those gluppers slurping the surface on the water all night long . I don't know how those folks out on the boats could get any sleep from all the feeding going on all night . My biggest fish came from fishing from shore when I got unload and checked in at the lodge . Then it was time for a few Corona's and off I went into the dark to try my luck from shore . Throwing a jerkbait about 10 times and hooked about a 5 pound cutt . Didn't have tape measure and having troubles holding the fish it was quickly release . I think it was pushing about 24" . My son hook more than me on the boat but thats the way i wanted it .

90.00 for the room

90.00 for the boat

120.00 rod and reel combo with a pointer 78 hooked to a nice fish swimming still in the Berry . Ouch !!!!!!!

seeing my son hook up Priceless !!!!!!!!!!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Berry fine report 6/05/2004 - by Hellsangler69 - 06-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Re: [MGB] Berry fine report 6/05/2004 - by MRJ - 06-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Re: [MRJ] Berry fine report 6/05/2004 - by MGB - 06-06-2004, 05:46 PM