Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamefisher 5hp (again)
Hey Dave,

I just wanted to thank you for the reply and thourough instructions. I sorta felt it was a clogged jet myself, but I'm a rookie at outboards so I hadn't made a firm decision. I also decided to order the manual from Sears for the motor, so I'm gonna wait until it get's here, but then I'm gonna go through the entire motor, especially the carburator, and get her running right. I truly believe the motor is in good condition, it just needs some TLC.

I can sometimes be hesitant when it comes to doing projects that are new to me...ie working on outboards. But when a person such as yourself takes the time to help it really gives me the confidence to go for it.

Thanks again,
Mark

ps. I'm not ruling out the gear lube in the lower end as a possible cause either. I've asked for and received specific instructions on how to change it in a normal outboard, but the setup on my gamefisher seems to reveresed as far as where the vent and fill hole are normally located so I've not changed it yet. It was the deciding factor in ordering the manual as I'm sure it's covered in the manual. I also called several places in frustration to pay to get it fixed and 3 different businesses told me they refused to work on Gamefishers, so maintenance will be up to me anyhow.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Gamefisher 5hp (again) - by Telbone - 07-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Re: [davetclown] Gamefisher 5hp (again) - by Telbone - 07-24-2004, 09:30 AM
Re: [Telbone] Gamefisher 5hp (again) - by onehun - 09-05-2008, 08:55 PM