Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports from Commerce Twp
i belive there is some truth to that , but i think it is much more than the temps we are dealing with now .
the spring steelhead run at the footesite was not near anything like i have expearianced in the past . for at least 2 weeks the crome is at the dam in great numbers . this year , unless you were dedicated enough to hit the bedding areas your chances were slim to none .
after months of running over every weekend and a few days during the week just to hit the prime show , it never happened unless i missed the one weekend it might have happened .
kings are already being reported at tippy , but true or not , i'm not sure . several of my guide and fly fishing friends state they are in the river , how far is a closley guarded secret .
it is the bait stores that are the greatest sourse of fishing knowledge we regular guys use to get a scence of what is going on with our fisherys , without these indivudals we would have to rely on rumors and here-say .
there are several fishing report sites around the state that guard there reports like gold ( not reguarding guides thou , i't's there livelyhood ) , but they may soon become extinct as the idea that we , as sportsmen , can do more good than ever before as an educated group . we share information , help those with less knowledge of fishing , and increase our outdoor enthousists numbers .
free fishing reports generate more intrest in fishing , thus more people will fish . more sportsmen in the future .
more sportsmen , more of a voice being heared by our government about our concerns that they currently turn a deaf ear to now .

whoops , gotta go , i'll be back
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Reports from Commerce Twp - by davetclown - 04-13-2003, 05:51 AM
Re: [davetclown] Reports from Commerce Twp - by lonehunter - 08-06-2004, 10:28 PM