Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wire setup for Flaming Gorge - Macs
Let me start by saying I just happened on this site while doing research on catching Macs at FG. To the folks that post I just want to say thanks! There is a lot of great info in these fourms and it is much appreciated. I am hoping I can get some assistance in getting set up for the Macs. Over the last 6 months I have been building my fishing outfit. Currently I am running a couple Mag10 downriggers with Garmin 240 Fish Finder and just added the Garmin GPSV. To complete my outfit, I am looking for the right setup in order to drag steel. Through my research, the reel I keep coming back to in the Penn 49L. Is this a decent reel for the steel? I have also been told to run between 80 and 120# 7 strand wire. I have only been up to FG a couple times so far. The first time was windy so we dragged the steel. I hooked one but he spit the hook. The second time we tried the downriggers to no avail. Long story short, I have never caught a Mac and I am DYING to do so. Any hints, hot spots, advice, ANYTHING would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! (thats to say if you wanted to invite me on your next trip and teach me some tricks, I would pay for all the Wyoming beer / pop / food you could eat or drink) Thanks in Advance.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Wire setup for Flaming Gorge - Macs - by ElwoodNeedaMac - 08-11-2004, 02:17 AM