Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wire setup for Flaming Gorge - Macs
Well Elwood, it looks like you've caused a little rucuos here!! Anyways, no matter what is said, steel line will catch you big macs. If I were to pick a few lures to use, get some K15 kwikfish or equivalent sized flatfish and troll over the humps near the dam (sorry I can't be more specific, I do not fish the Gorge much). From what I hear, it is a very difficult thing to do to get the hang of, but from what they say, it is very effective. This info comes from an "old fart" I met while at work. He said a few years ago he never would have shared this info, but since he is too sick/debilitated to get out any more, he'd share it with me. He also shared it with one of our medics, and he has gone up and tried the techniques, and he has caught fish. He has lost some tackle trolling over the humps, and he finds it easier to paralell the humps, he has caught some fish, but only the smaller 15 lb fish. You need to get the feel for trolling over the humps to get the big ones to hit. Yes, jigging can be effective, and yes, you do get a better fight while jigging, but try the steel, be courteous of other boaters, and plan on loosing a lot of tackle to get the hang of it. But in the end, you'll catch a lot of macs. Good luck, and let us know how you do.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [ElwoodNeedaMac] Wire setup for Flaming Gorge - Macs - by Theekillerbee - 08-11-2004, 10:24 PM