Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wire setup for Flaming Gorge - Macs
Well Elwood, Im so sorry to hear you bought that outfit.Im sure that if you keep it in good condition you can recover most of what you paid for it next spring by listing it on the classified section.

Some of the other responses should show you what im talking about. Steel worked 10 or 15 years ago, but those fish live up to 100 yrs. How many times do you think theyve seen a k15 flatfish wiz by theyre face at 2.5 mph?

I have learned alot about catching those fish over the last 10 yrs. and the one the one thing I will tell you is this...No where in the world does the old saying "95 percent of the fish live in five percent of the water." In other words, there is a reason all those boats are concentrated in very small areas.
Thats where the fish are!
If your not fishing where the other boats are, then your not fishing where the fish are!
And even if you do have those humps to yourself, 400-500 hundred yds of line out? Those humps are 50 ft across if your lucky. And then you have to make a GIANT turn to get back to the hemp.
That means for every hour of fishing you put in, your bait is in the fish zone for about 15 seconds. Not condusive to good fishing.

I wish you the best of luck.

Unfortunetly I have a pretty good idea of how your luck will be.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [ElwoodNeedaMac] Wire setup for Flaming Gorge - Macs - by caughtmydink - 08-12-2004, 07:44 AM