Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help fishing the persian gulf
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Well now I fish the central Mediterranean, [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The cudas take anything as long as it wobbles or shines or both (don’t waste plugs on them)[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]As for other lure I found the Nils Master invincible range are great, they’re made of wood so the teeth sink in rather then scratch the whole lure. Also using the yo-zuri minnow, I have been very successful in catching seabass and bluefish though the latter aren’t as common here, as in Ny. Also I came across some Korean lures Damiki and I found them to be very good the only color I have is red/gold, in three sizes my smallest one is pretty beat up but I can’t find a new one, and I tried Rapala but not too much success.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Fish I catch off the rock with these lures: Atlantic bonito, Barracudas (european and yellowstripe), Bluefish, bream, combers, Derbio,Dolphin fish/Mahi Mahi (yes, they do come right in to shore due to the warm water), European seabass, grouper, Horse Mackerele, Jacks, little tunnys and rockfish[Wink][/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Two colors I would suggest are: blue/silver, red/gold. Use the later color in thick white swells. Some will suggest the red head but I have never caught anything on it, except the Tasmanian Devil red head[/size][/font][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]As for lures: nils master, yo-zuri also yo-zuri squid jigs, (we use light to attract the squid and kalamari we have both), Dammiki and Tasmanian Devil lures which are good for Jacks[/size][/font]

[size 2]Go with some shallow divers, maybe get a jig. Once you get going you can try using some soft plastics but don't use the freshwater ones, I found them as good as fishing with a rock [/size]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Help fishing the persian gulf - by davetclown - 09-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Re: [davetclown] Help fishing the persian gulf - by Dorado2 - 09-11-2004, 07:12 AM