Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Willard's lure eating wipers"
Hey WH2 ... when I mentioned "modified prism shad" in a different post, I kind of wondered if anyone would pick up on that. You guys on this board are truly detail oriented, as am I, and interested in every bit of good info we can get a hold of. So, to answer your question, here is the scoop on my modified prism shad: I was out with BLM a week or so ago and he had one with some white hackle tied on the tail hook. Later on, at home, when I was straightening my tackle box, I ran across a top water lure that was supposed to rattle that I had torn apart to try to fix (fat chance). Since I couldn't fix it, I decided to use it's tail hook (which had a mostly white with sparkly red hackle) to replace the crappie hook that comes with the prism shad. When fishing with it, there were two things that I found very interesting: 1) I had two lines in the water, one with a stock prism shad and one with my modified prism shad. I never got a single bite on the stock lure. Every fish came in on the modified one. 2) Every fish that I brought in had the front set of hooks in their mouth and the rear set in their gills ... odd ...<br><br>I am going to make myself a hand full of modified prism shads to have on hand. As you all know, that may have been the magic lure for the day, but things change day-by-day. By the way, you asked about the color ... the ones I use and will be playing with tail hackle on are a sky-blue top, white belly, with laser shine in the middle.<br><br>As most of you know, those prism shads (made by Producer sold at Hooked in Kaysville) are great wiper attractors but their hooks are made of cheep spaghetti. I've had wipers bend or break more of them bad hooks than I can count. I always replace them now before I use them.<br><br><br> --- Old Coot ---<br>Keepin the net wet

Messages In This Thread
Re: "Willard's lure eating wipers" - by MGB - 08-19-2002, 11:52 AM
Re: "Willard's lure eating wipers" - by PREDATOR - 08-19-2002, 01:24 PM
Re: &quot;Willard's lure eating wipers&quot; - by Old_Coot - 08-19-2002, 04:30 PM
Re: "Willard's lure eating wipers" - by RipNLips - 08-19-2002, 08:56 PM