Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caught a few
We did pretty good yesterday. We put a few in the cooler. I'm still having problems with the planers, they just aren't going to work. I know they make those planers you tie off to a cleat, but i'm skepticle as to how well it would hold up at high speeds. The Wahoo were biting the Yo Zuri deep divers again. I just can't seem to get those Bonito's down deep enough for them. I have to change out the hooks on those bonito's too, the ones that come on them seem to get tangled really easily. Nothing pisses me off more than unhooking lures every 30 minutes. I've been waiting to hear from someone as to how they keep thier lures down at 10 + knotts, but no word yet. Though i'm catching fish, If I could get the lures down, and them stay down, I could be catching much Larger fish. Now that's keeping in mind i'm only using 40lb tackle, I don't like heavy tackle. I'm a sport fisherman, not a tow truck. There's gotta be a way. Oh, and does anyone have any good Mahi tactics I might be able to try out? Shoot em' my way. I'm not a big Mahi fisherman, but they are starting to run, and I wouldn't mind hanging a few. The ones i've caught were by accident, I would like to be able to isolate the species. Depth, speed, lures, colors, etc.... Hook me up boys
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Caught a few - by Tarpon4me - 11-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Re: [Tarpon4me] Caught a few - by tubeN2 - 11-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Re: [tubeN2] Caught a few - by Tarpon4me - 11-17-2004, 08:58 AM
Re: [Tarpon4me] Caught a few - by tubeN2 - 11-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Re: [Tarpon4me] Caught a few - by ocean - 11-21-2004, 03:49 AM