Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Mesa Question?
Neal's got the right idea about making blue mesa something special.

I had a similar idea about some lakes on the grand mesa. Most of the lakes on the grand mesa used to have great big colorado river cutthroat trout, but white suckers have infested those lakes and hurt the trout populations badly. It is hard to get anything but suckers in most of the lakes with fish up there. I proposed to bill elmblad, the local biologist from cdow, to put tiger muskie in a couple of the lakes that are infested with white suckers to help with the suckers to improve the trout fishing. I suggested lakes that the fish cannot escape through streams to other lakes. Most of the lakes on the mesa have perfect habitat for growing great tiger muskies, and the tiger muskies wouldn't bother the trout as much because the suckers are easier prey. Also, it would improve the trout fishing because suckers compete for trout food like plankton and bugs. Many of the fisheries on the grand mesa would easily grow trophy, monstrous tiger muskies,and I refuted every argument bill elmblad had with fact. He could not find an argument to refute my suggestion, except that dow wouldn't do it. What do they want? Trophy tiger musky fisheries with some good trout fishing in them too? Or do they want white sucker fisheries? They just don't listen to people's suggestions and they just don't back their work with common biology.

Some bear lake cutthroat or some kamloops would make blue mesa a fishery people would come to from all over the west; it would be as good or even maybe better than flaming gorge. I guess cdow just doesn't want that...
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Blue Mesa Question? - by NealCO - 11-14-2004, 06:32 PM
Re: [NealCO] Blue Mesa Question? - by Icedaddy22 - 11-15-2004, 04:46 AM
Re: [NealCO] Blue Mesa Question? - by NealCO - 11-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Re: [NealCO] Blue Mesa Question? - by TroutFishingBear - 11-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Re: [NealCO] Blue Mesa Question? - by NealCO - 11-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Re: [NealCO] Blue Mesa Question? - by Icedaddy22 - 11-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Re: [NealCO] Blue Mesa Question? - by Icedaddy22 - 11-17-2004, 01:49 AM
Re: [NealCO] Blue Mesa Question? - by Icedaddy22 - 11-17-2004, 10:36 PM
Re: [NealCO] Blue Mesa Question? - by Icedaddy22 - 11-19-2004, 04:30 AM
Re: [NealCO] Blue Mesa Question? - by DonInDenver - 11-19-2004, 05:15 AM