Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiper24
Hi. I have been out three times since last Friday (9-13) I don't post much because most of the guys on the forum are boaters. My boat has been in the shop all year. So I have been fishing from shore. I didn't go out during the summer cause when the water warms the fish seem to go out deeper. Now that the water has cooled the fish are where I can get to them. On Friday I got there at five pm and fished until dark. I hooked six small ones and my brother hooked four. Then I was back out on Tuesday during the storm. We got there at five pm and fished until the thunder storm hit. We saw two boils that lasted a minute or so. I caught four that were over 18 inches. We sat in the truck until the thunder clouds past, and fished a little more. My brother then caught two that were over 20 inches. Last night I fished until dark and caught two small ones. I use a four inch bright green tube jig. Some times reeling as fast as possible. I also use six pound magnathin. In the clear water I will be catching the fish and someone next to me with eight pound line and the same lure will not catch a thing. Those wipers big eyes must be able to see it. It also makes for a great fight and I have only lost two fish on it. Try it on your casting poles. I mostly fish the south side because it is easy to get to. Maybe I will see you there.

Wiper24

Messages In This Thread
Wiper24 - by PREDATOR - 09-22-2002, 04:52 PM
Re: [PREDATOR] Wiper24 - by Wiper24 - 09-22-2002, 07:40 PM
Re: [Wiper24] Wiper24 - by PREDATOR - 09-22-2002, 08:54 PM
Re: [Wiper24] Wiper24 - by davetclown - 09-22-2002, 09:23 PM