Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Reservoir 12/18
What a day @ Strawberry. We initially planned to fish Chicken Creek but ended up at a spot we don't want to post so the lurkers wont hoard our HOT SPOT. BFT'ers feel free to PM me for info.

Met up with Mike @ 6:30 AM and we started our way to Strawberry. We arrived around 7:45AM and found the entire lake iced over. We radio'd for Geoff and got a reply, he had already hit the ice and already landed a nice 19 incher. We met up at the undisclosed spot and began giving the fish there early morning feast.

We all had a great day with many hits and alot of HUGE ones lost at the hole including a monster sized 26 or so inch rainbow that was sneaky enough to spit out the jig at Mike after making several passes showing off its huge head, HUGE girth and brilliant colors. Geoff I think finished with 8 fish all ranging from 17-20 inches, Mike with 12 or 13 with a nice 22 incher and I finished with a whopping 17 fish with a 22 incher and finishing with a 23 incher. What a day, we watched everyone around us and noticed they weren't catching nearly as many as us but did get to see a huge 26 incher taken by a happy angler and a couple bows.

Overall action was spotty at times and quick the next. We all worked the same area so when the bites slowed to a halt we would move a few yards away and begin again then returning to the hot spots for another run a hour or two later.

Best success was with Chartreuse Ginz Worm jig heads with small 1 inch glow in the dark jigs tipped with wax worms.

It is amazing on how consistant you can land HUGE trout at this lake, we really had alot of monsters caught and some bigger ones lost at the hole cause they wouldn't fit thru it or we couldnt get them still enough to line there head up with the hole.

Below is Mike's first entry for the ice challenge, a nice 22 inch Cutthroat.
[Image: Mike_s_22_incher.sized.jpg]

I caught this one about mid-day.
[Image: cbrs_23_incher.sized.jpg]

Great weather! Great company and one hell of a day on a excellent fishery! Thanks Mike and Geoff for great company!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Strawberry Reservoir 12/18 - by CBR - 12-19-2004, 03:08 AM
Re: [CBR] Strawberry Reservoir 12/18 - by MGB - 12-19-2004, 06:58 AM
Re: [MGB] Strawberry Reservoir 12/18 - by CBR - 12-19-2004, 01:15 PM
Re: [tomegun] Strawberry Reservoir 12/18 - by CBR - 12-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Re: [CBR] Strawberry Reservoir 12/18 - by hlfmoon - 12-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Re: [hlfmoon] Strawberry Reservoir 12/18 - by CBR - 12-19-2004, 09:52 PM