Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maniacs on the ice !! Strawberry report 12/26/2004
Maniacs are a bait for bass and the guy that makes them handle is Maniac here are BFT . They are made here locally . [url "http://www.maniaccustomlures.com/"]www.maniaccustomlures.com[/url] is web site . Great for bass but will work for trout just as well . Generally people use them in the soft water time . I thought I would try some hard water . They are like senkos if you have heard of them . I created some pics to show you what they look like and how I hook them wacky style . Wacky style is just hooking them in the middle of the bait and just let it hang in the water this way . I did put a small spilt shot on it only to get it to the bottom quicker . I would also jig (twitch) it a little to entice a bite . I used for my main fishing line 10# fireline with a 3' leader of 8# fluorocarbon line with a Gamakatsu walleye hook size 6 . That way I could horse them thru the hole and also get a good hook set with the no stretch fireline . Hook set I would let them swim off with it so they would get it all the way in there mouth and then I would pull the line tight and that would hook them in the upper lip . Don't set hard or you might pull it out of there mouth , just pull tight and it should be fish on . Lot of the times they would swim quite a ways away before I tried to hook them . They had no clue they had a lure and would not spit it out . If I did pull it out it , they would pick it right back up and swim off again . Good Luck if you go out . Let me know if you have any questions I forgot to included .
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Elkoholic] Maniacs on the ice !! - by Hellsangler69 - 01-01-2005, 02:25 AM