Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Report 1/4/04
MGB
I know what you mean about the fish getting picky in the late morning and afternoon. On Saturday we didn't get there until 10 AM because of bad roads. We caught some fish from 10 until 12 and then it died. We put an aquaview camera down the hole and watch DOZENS of large cutts cruising by and showing no interest whatsoever in any of our bait offerings. Before that I always assumed that fish always ate when presented with the easy opportunity. I learned on that day that it is not true. They had no interest in eating. I remember in one of Tubedudes great sermons he talked about different "moods" if you will that fish are in. Sometimes they are very aggressive, sometime they are just opportunistic with the right conditions, and other times totally passive and not interested. He didn't use those exact words but ya get the point. Maybe the infamous one could enlighten us again.

I'm not sure if it is more frustrating not catching fish when you are not sure if there are any around or when you are not catching fish and you can see 2 or 3 of them swimming around your bait on the aquaview monitor..... The moral of the story.... Fish early and late at the Berry for best catching, the fishing is always good if you are with your buddies!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Strawberry Report 1/4/04 - by Bigcat - 01-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Re: [Bigcat] Strawberry Report 1/4/04 - by MGB - 01-05-2005, 03:27 AM
Re: [MGB] Strawberry Report 1/4/04 - by Bigcat - 01-05-2005, 04:43 AM