Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming home for the weekend
Hey, Scooter. Leaving me alone in Arizona this weekend, huh. That's okay. I'll be doing some serious damage on topwater largies in a secret spot. I put an "X" on the side of my kick boat the last time I was there so I can find it easy.

I posted a request for info on the Utah Fish Finder site and got the following post:

[#ff0000]"Went to Pineview about one week ago. Weather got really bad; rain and light wind, extremely cloudy,low light. About the time we though we had to go in I hooked into a 36 inch Muskie. We were trolling at 1.8mph on an electric motor using a white with orange bottom Southwick lure (looks like a rapala)in about twelve feet of water. While we were bringing the fish in we noticed other fish start to surface and start prowling the top water like aligators. You could only see there eyes above water but could easily make out their large brown bodies agaist the water. We probably could have caught more but were getting awful wet and decided to come back. Did good on the perch as well but not much meat for all the work. The largest perch there are only eight to nine inches max."[/#ff0000]

[#400000]I once heard from a fisheries biologist that the muskies on top are in an inactive mode, after feeding in deeper water. They are tough to trigger into a reaction bite. Fishing the right kind of crank or jerk bait in the feeding zone is more productive and less frustrating than watching the cruisers ignore your best casts.[/#400000]

[#400000]Good luck. Are you bringing tackle back to Arizona. and did you have a chance to check out the info on Patagonia Lake?[/#400000]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Coming home for the weekend - by Scooter - 10-03-2002, 10:31 PM
Re: [Scooter] Coming home for the weekend - by TubeDude - 10-04-2002, 02:06 PM