Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots or Eagles
It's easy to pick the Patriots afterthe way they took care of the Colts and Steelers, but I remember when the Patriots played the Rams, everyone thought the Rams would beat the Patriots easily and that didn't happen. The Eagles aren't a Cinderella team like Carolina was last year.

The key to the Eagles pulling off the upset is going to be their defense. If their defense can play as well as it has, they should be able to keep it close.

On offense T.O. should be a nice decoy if anything. Number 83 Mark Lewis (I think that's his name) has stepped up pretty nice in T.O.'s absence. Losing Chad Lewis the tight end hurts. The Eagles need to find away to exploit the Patriots banged up secondary, something the Steelers and Colts couldn't do. Maybe McNabb will need to use his legs a little more to try and create match up problems.

I'm really hoping for a close game. If the Eagles have a chance to score a go-ahead field goal or touch down toward the end of the game they will need to make sure to eat up the clock. The Patriots last to Super Bowl victories happened because they had just enough time to get down the field and kick the game winning field goal.

The Eagles could win this if they play smart football and don't choke like they have in past NFC Championships.

Eagles 28 Patriots 24

You heard it here first!![cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Patriots or Eagles - by BEARCLAW - 01-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Re: [BEARCLAW] Patriots or Eagles - by AFDan52 - 01-26-2005, 07:00 PM
Re: [BEARCLAW] Patriots or Eagles - by fish4fish - 01-27-2005, 01:25 AM
Re: [fish4fish] Patriots or Eagles - by BEARCLAW - 01-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Re: [BEARCLAW] Patriots or Eagles - by fish4fish - 01-28-2005, 02:04 AM
Re: [BEARCLAW] Patriots or Eagles - by gdn443 - 01-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Re: [BEARCLAW] Patriots or Eagles - by shewicker - 01-29-2005, 02:19 AM
Re: [shewicker] Patriots or Eagles - by shewicker - 02-12-2005, 06:35 PM