Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake Spawning
I was fly fishing in 4 to 7 feet of water, usually in pockets in the weeds or right along a weed bank. I would go out early in the a.m. and "cruise" fish. This is done by moving slowly around the lake in my boat until I located several rising fish in an area - then I would anchor both ends of my boat so that it wouldn't swing back and forth and then I would fish hard.

The best line for me was a Uniform Sink II. The best flies were Light Olive Crystal, Half-assed Renegade, Mity Mouse and a Henrys Lake PT - in that order. The Light Olive Crystal took about 70% of my fish.

I would try to fish at least 100 yards from anyother fishermen and if a float tube or a pontoon boater showed up, I was gone looking for other fish. I believe that the movement on top of the water by floating devices spooks the larger fish out of the area. If pelicans come around they also get moved out of the area!!!!!

I also believe that there are only so many fish around a boat that can be caught. One fisherman in a boat catches as many as two or three fishermen in a boat - probably more. If there are two fishermen in a boat each can only fish a small area whereas one fisherman can fish 360 degrees around the boat.

Hope this helps - if you anymore questions let me know.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Henry's Lake Spawning - by bsflies - 03-03-2005, 08:18 PM