Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
growths on provo fish
Hello

i have fished the provo for quite a few years as well. i have found the lower stretch to have this problem but the upper and middle section of the provo does not seem to have the fungus problem.

Alot of people woudl argue but i believe it is the intense waterflow they allow through the provo that aids immensely in the growth of the fungus. during the spawn the browns obviously exert alot of energy. with not alot of still water for a retreat they are forced to fight currents at high levels all year long. amazingly in the summer the fish do not have alot of this on them yet. only in the cold months do they start getting it that ive noticed. with the fishing pressure mixed with cold months and fighint hard currents i think its easy to see the stress on the fish. mix this with zillions of smaller 15 or so inchers in that stretch of river there is extreme competition for food. i have argued for quite a few years for the fish numbers to be limited in the lower provo but that is another subject. i would say look at other stretches of the provo and ask why do they not have the problems as badly as the managed tailwater water flows of the lower provo??? either way it is very Sad to see a nice a few and far between 23in in that stretch floating on its side dying of exhaustion and a fungus.

happy fishing

xman
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
growths on provo fish - by fishboy2 - 10-29-2002, 01:46 AM
Re: [RipNLips] growths on provo fish - by Xman - 10-31-2002, 01:29 AM
Re: [Xman] growths on provo fish - by road - 11-01-2002, 01:27 AM
Re: [road] growths on provo fish - by Xman - 11-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Re: [Xman] growths on provo fish - by fishboy2 - 11-03-2002, 12:51 AM