Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good morning ya'll !
great minds must think alike , i did it just like you said [Wink].
i used a 2 ton come-along , went up as far as the tow chain would reach , put the notch near the base 1/3 in . did the back cut up about 24 " from the notch .
cranked her down as i was cutting into it from the backside , running back and forth . it was a little windy , i wasen't going to take too many risks .
that tree was pulled over like a longbow after 10 minutes before i could hear the first crack . another pass with the chainsaw and then it was all cranking down with the come-along .
to get it pulling in the right direction in case it decided to spin with all those heavy branches that couldn't be trimed off (overhanging the house ) i tied a rope off from the top of the tree to the base of another .
then i took a couple 20' logs and rested them on the rope to provide a constant forward/downward pull . i figured it would save me a case of beer to a buddy , lol !
i missed my mark by about 6 feet , but all that did was take out a few branches from other trees that will be comming down anyway .
(made me run like a salmon on a flyrod too[blush] )
i was lucky everything went well .

now comes the dangerous part , trimming off all those compressed branches underneath the trunk .

all this work saves me a few thousand dollers from a pro , gives me more yard to mow , and gives the youngest a better spot to set up her star gazing telescope and fly her kites.
i can't wait to hit the foote dam this weekend , i'll need the downtime to recoupe [crazy].
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
good morning ya'll ! - by lonehunter - 04-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Re: [lonehunter] good morning ya'll ! - by callie - 04-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Re: [callie] good morning ya'll ! - by davetclown - 04-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Re: [davetclown] good morning ya'll ! - by lonehunter - 04-20-2005, 02:38 AM
Re: [callie] good morning ya'll ! - by lonehunter - 04-19-2005, 02:14 AM