Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weber river
well this is a plea for help for the people on this site. it has come to my attention that there is a severe problem on the weber river. in fact i have known about this for quite some time and for whatever reasons i have decided to finally do something about it.

let me lay some background. the browns in the weber river have been spawning up on the banks for years now because of low water levels in the weber. the weber basin conservancy controls the water levels. for some reason the water flows very high during the spawn so the browns go to the most suitable areas. that is on the runs on the banks and side channels. well right before or during the spawn they drop the flows to near nothing leaving only lost creek and east canyon to feed the entire weber. i spoke to the dwr today and they told me they are aware of this and have tried for a long time now to work with them. to try to manage the water flows during certain times of year. if they let the water just run for a week or so longer the eggs will survive. or visa versa leave the water low with flows let the browns spawn accordingly, they will survive.

as a result now the beds and i counted over a hundred in a 1/4 stretch, are now left dry. everyone knows what that means. i was told the only way to do anything about this is from public interest and special interest groups filing complaints and legislative action. if this makes you mad like me please reply and offer some type of help. even if you dont fish this river as a fisherman it should concern you. i want to contact trouts unlimited if anyone knows the contact info for the chapter in ogden that would be appreciated. they spent severalo million on a restoration in riverdale that is now almost useless because of the water flows as well.

i ask again please for everyone to do something about this. if the provo river experienced the same things it would be a major topic. for some reason the weber is not taken seriously and as a result all the fish are suffering. im not saying stop the water flows but to simply manage it accordingly cant be that hard. its a matter of all the water owned privately and they simply dont care about the fishery rather the water and the funds that come from the sales of the water.

i hope you find this as disconcerting as i do and look forward to getting people together to actually make this ridiculous situation better.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
weber river - by Xman - 11-19-2002, 12:29 AM
Re: [Xman] weber river - by PREDATOR - 11-19-2002, 02:31 AM
Re: [PREDATOR] weber river - by Xman - 11-19-2002, 02:42 AM
Re: [Xman] weber river - by boatless - 11-19-2002, 03:24 AM
Re: [boatless] weber river - by Hellsangler69 - 11-19-2002, 03:57 AM
Re: [PREDATOR] weber river - by road - 11-19-2002, 06:39 AM
Re: [road] weber river - by Xman - 11-19-2002, 07:45 AM
Re: [Xman] weber river - by davetclown - 11-21-2002, 06:35 PM
Re: [Xman] weber river - by BearLakeMack - 11-19-2002, 04:34 AM
Re: [Xman] weber river - by tightline - 11-26-2002, 12:08 AM