Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survey at American Fork Marina
After Xmans post FB2 wanted to try his hand one more time at American Fork.

So we headed down this morning around 9. Usually this time of year there is next to no one fishing there. Today on the other hand there were 10 parties (1 to 4 persons each). Quite a crowd for this time of year. Well I asked this one guy how he was doing. He and his kid hadn't had a bite. Now i know it must have troubled him that FB2 and I just got there and I was getting hits left and right (literally as I moved from casting to my left to casting to my right). But being new to using plastic I was missing everything that hit. It was that way for me most of the day.Maybe one of you can gives us newbies a tip to be more successful. FB2 said I needed to drop my tip and let them gobble it up. I tried but I guess I haven't got the hang of it just yet.

Any way as I was talking to this guy, he tells me about some guy who made Sportsman Warehouse let him try out a reel before he bought it. I asked if he read that at BFT and he said yes that is why he was here fishing. I laughed and told him I was the guy he read about with the reel. I then asked another guy and he said they came because of Utah fishing Reports. Hey X did ya post there too?! I asked several others (5 parties) and they all came because of the post at BFT. The rest were regulars there, I could tell by there 5 gallon buckets they brought for the white bass. Fishing wasn't as good for us as it was for Xman though. Some kids on the only floating dock left were killin the white bass though. When there dad came to get them, He said what are we going to do with all those fish. The kids had filled one of those plastic milk carton crates. Any how I thought you all might like to know that we are read a lot! None of the folks I talked with have posted, they read the post and then go fishing. Gotta love this site guys!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Survey at American Fork Marina - by road - 11-23-2002, 10:52 PM