Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Pontoon ?
Hey TubeDude,

Before you decide(I think you should go with Outcast-you like it better) you should check out mine in operation. It will give you some hands-on with some of the questions you have brought up here. As far as customization, the Outcast will be easy to modify. You haven't seen all of the itterations mine has gone through(a lot of my float tube system came directly from my pontoon modifications). With you customization skills, it will be very easy to get it the way you want it.

BTW - I don't know if I told you, but, before I got my current pontoon, I owned a DLX-9, and have a good idea of the differences(both in design and application) through direct experience of customizing them. I think you will find the Cougar a far superior design given your intended application and your physical requirements. Also, don't worry about the apparent flimsy battery platform - for 25 cents, it can be made pretty much bullet proof - did you see or remember what I did with mine ? You, yourself, could stand up on my battery platform and cast a fly without any problem(if you still flycast-that is). You also will have an almost infinitely greater amount of storage potential on the four tube design than on the Colorado - there is just so much more to work with.

P.S. Once you oar(or motor for that matter) a pontoon boat like mine, you will not want any other format that is currently available - the difference in manueverability and stability is very marked(read almost enormous) !
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Another Pontoon ? - by mdtolic - 05-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Re: [mdtolic] Another Pontoon ? - by Henerysfork - 05-21-2005, 03:01 AM
Re: [mdtolic] Another Pontoon ? - by TubeDude - 05-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Another Pontoon ? - by Fishhound - 06-30-2005, 09:19 AM
Re: [Fishhound] Another Pontoon ? - by TubeDude - 06-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Re: [Fishhound] Another Pontoon ? - by mdtolic - 07-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Re: [mdtolic] Another Pontoon ? - by Fishhound - 07-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Re: [mdtolic] Another Pontoon ? - by HCD - 05-23-2005, 10:28 PM