Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 10-21-05
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]It was another fine fall day on the lake yesterday. Petty and I got to the marina in the dark and had to use the navigation lights on the boat to be legal for the run down to the rock pile. We got there and cruised around checking the situation out on the rock pile. Yes, the macks are in there. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3] [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We fished over the rock pile about 5 hours until the breezes came up and boat control became a real pain in the butt. We ended up with 2 small macks for our effort but I did miss several hard, quick hits that should of produced fish. OK, I suck but it was still fun. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We then decide to go check out the new rock piles that BLFG and the DWR with the help of the State Parks Dept set up. They are just north of the state park marina in 30 ft of water with buoys on them. The Wiper Boys, who were fishing the rockpile area also made the run up just ahead of us, were also checking out the location. WH2 was shooting GPS points over the top of the piles in hopes of finding them for the ice season.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Since it was still fairly early and we all wanted to fish, both boats decided to go out in front of the state park marina in about 70 feet of water. We anchored up fairly close to each other and caught cutthroat and had a good BS session. Between both boat we probably caught 6-7 cutts for the next two hours, one a really nice fish about 4-1/2 pounds. Here's a pic of the fish. Too bad the flash on my camera washed out all the beautiful coloration this fish had.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The mack fishing is tough right now with the spawn going on but the cutthroat action is good and lively. Heres a tip to try. Instead of using the typical tube when chasing those cutts, try a jerkbait instead and see if it makes a difference. The cutts seem to love'm.[/size][/black][/font] [center][inline BeautifulFishUglyGuy.JPG][/center]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bear Lake 10-21-05 - by Old_Coot - 10-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Re: [Old_Coot] Bear Lake 10-21-05 - by AFDan52 - 10-22-2005, 04:28 PM
Re: [Old_Coot] Bear Lake 10-21-05 - by BearLakeMack - 10-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Re: [Old_Coot] Bear Lake 10-21-05 - by HFT - 10-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Re: [Old_Coot] Bear Lake 10-21-05 - by MGB - 10-23-2005, 03:58 AM
Re: [MGB] Bear Lake 10-21-05 - by Old_Coot - 10-23-2005, 04:25 AM
Re: [MGB] Bear Lake 10-21-05 - by wiperhunter2 - 10-23-2005, 06:31 AM