Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekend Ice Fishing News
Sorry this is late but here is the run down from the weekend. Fished Strawberry Saturday at Chicken Creek West. We fished at the mouth of the bay right on the main lake in 22 ft. of water. We caught a total of 7 cuts in 7 hours, hardly what I call fast fishing. Used tube jigs in various colors with both wax and meal worms and shrimp. Nothing seemed to produce better or worse than the other. Talked to lots of people and one group did better than us with 11 in 5 hours. They were out with us in deeper water. Most everybody else fished the shore line in 5 - 11 ft. of water and did poorly. What bite there was lasted all day with a little more action at dawn. We had 4 times as many bites as we caught and I broke off 3 fish. From now on I will change my line every year as Jmig suggested.

Fished Echo Sunday morning, and there are still jillions of small perch but, we were after the big trout we caught last week. No luck. Scott caught one 16 Bow but that was it. I left at 11:00 and don't know how the rest of the group did after that. HFT any luck after I left?

Looks like Bean and I will fish Pineview Wednesday afternoon, let you all know how we do.

IFG
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Weekend Ice Fishing News - by IceFishingGod - 01-14-2003, 12:04 AM