Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry from a tube.
Thanks, depth charge is 30' of lead core (similar to trolling lead core, but coated with rubberie coating instead of cloth) and then there is 60' of intermediate. Most sinking lines will give you a belly and when you pull the line the fly will rise and drop. With depth charge, your line sinks like a brick and that 30' will run a straight line, which means it works real well with un weighted flies and length of leader to put it maybe a foot to five feet off the bottom. You can use weightd flies like crayfish or leeches. The only down side to this line is very weedy places. It does come in different grains. 250 is good for 6 wt, 150-200 for fives and so on. I have to say that it cast easier than say a type V, for some reason, I think it is the belly of the line is different.
I will through it out and kick out in the lake (or slow motor) to where I want to go and usually pick up several fish on the way. If I run into a spot with several hits, I will stop and retrieve by hand. Great trolling line though to find the fish.
Lat note: I did hate the line when I first bought it, tried experimenting and wow! it is my go to line now. You can always adjust how deep you want to go (top to bottom) but this lets you do it in reverse (bottom to top) with the length of leader and a non weighted fly. It's cool.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Strawberry from a tube. - by tlspyder13 - 02-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Re: [tlspyder13] Strawberry from a tube. - by HFT - 02-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Re: [HFT] Strawberry from a tube. - by flygoddess - 02-08-2006, 07:36 AM
Re: [tlspyder13] Strawberry from a tube. - by flygoddess - 02-10-2006, 09:33 PM