Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekend Ice Fishing News
Bait Caster,

I'd send you a PM if I knew how so I hope you get this. Plus, I don't mind sharing info with everyone since I hope everybody catches fish. Here is what I use at the berry. I use a metal flake green tube jig with a floresent orange 1/16 oz jig head tipped with a wax or meal worm (depending on what I feel like), with a small light pink Kokanee jig 20" below it tipped with RAW popcorn shrimp. I don't know what the small jigs are called but if you stop by Hooked Fishing Tackle in Kaysville just tell James or Cory they're the ones I use at Causey. Bean (catches more than me usually) uses a 1/16 oz floresent green jig head with no body and a meal worm. JMIG used a white water cricket with white head and had no luck. HFT used these at Soldier Creek 2 weeks ago and slayed them. Do you have a fish finder? Most people fish the berry too shallow in my opinion, I like to fish deeper 20-40' for the bigger Cutts. My buddy Dan likes to fish shallow 10-15 ft of water, 4 ft down for bigger Bows. If you need more tips I'm sure other will will help. I'm no expert on the berry since I only fish it three or four times a year (ice only). HFT can you help out Bait Caster? Good Luck and let us know how it was.

IFG
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Weekend Ice Fishing News - by IceFishingGod - 01-14-2003, 12:04 AM
Re: [Bait_Caster] Weekend Ice Fishing News - by IceFishingGod - 01-16-2003, 03:12 AM