Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! How about the Waterbug Float tube?
[cool] DANG! Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water. Now you're scaring me.

One of the nastiest blood-lettings I ever witnessed was caused by the dental work on one of those beasties. I had a nice 'butt layin on the pier (Belmont) and a smart alecky rugrat came up from the beach to harass the fishermen. After giving me a bit of grief he asked the question: "IS THAT FISH DEAD?"

I replied (honestly) "I DON'T KNOW. WHY DON'T YOU PUT YOUR (BARE) TOE IN HIS MOUTH TO SEE?"

He asked "WILL IT BITE ME?"

I said "NOT IF HE'S DEAD (almost truthful)."

You guessed it. The kid stuck his toe in the halibut's open mouth, the fish chomped down, the kid ripped his lacerated toe free and went running and screaming off the pier. Almost bled out. Looked like there had been a hog butchered on the pier.

Saw another guy almost lose a thumb at the first knuckle on a big flattie out at Santa Rosa Island. Fish deliberately swung his head over and clamped down on the vulnerable digit.

Great pic, Kiyo.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Help! How about the Waterbug Float tube? - by Booyaa1 - 01-09-2003, 06:25 AM
Re: [Baytuber] Help! How about the Waterbug Float tube? - by TubeDude - 01-17-2003, 12:50 AM