Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what determines where you fish??
That's actually a really great point. Alot of areas are better than others at different times of the day. Like the Little Pee Dee river for instance. First thing in the morning, the catfishing is almost nonexistant, however, the bream fishing is Okay but slow. About mid day the bream fishing stops with the heat, and the catfish start to nibble with the rising temp in the deep holes they lay in during daylight hours. Then, by afternoon, it's starting to cool down, the bream are hitting hard by then and the catfishing is great because they are getting ready to make their transition from the deep holes to the shallows to feed. I like to catch the big cats right before they move to the shallows in the late evening, so I hit them early afternoon. And Tide is a huge factor. If you don't know which fish bite on which tide, you're not going to have much luck, and that doesn't just apply to saltwater either. There is a freshwater river here in S.C. called the Waccamaw, which is a tidal freshwater river. If you don't fish the right tide, you won't catch a thing.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
what determines where you fish?? - by tomc - 03-26-2006, 02:32 AM
Re: [aku94] what determines where you fish?? - by Tarpon4me - 03-30-2006, 01:44 PM