Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay Walleye?
Now thats a heck of a question. Unfortunatley inmy mind there is a zillion answers. Best bait, depends on time of year and walleye location. Why is the island not prime eye habitat? In my opinion, it has to do with two things. First, you can catch eyes off the island because at times the baitfish hold there. but the bait fish are the reason that the island can be spotty. The eyes will follow the shad. If the shad are relating to the island, there may be eyes there too. Second, time of year. walleye tend to spawn in the same areas, the island doesnt seem to be one of the prime areas, you occasionally hear of a guy catching one or two off the island but its not the same as others. The rest of the year refer back to the shad. This also leads into your bait selection. Time of day and location tend to be the best methods to determine lure selection. For me and my limited knowledge, on willard mornings seem to be worm harness country. evenings cranks, and spawn times jigs or lindy rigs depending on location. Basically its just too broad a subject and requires more on the water assesment to be accurate. If the weather stays this way, I will have my boat out on willard chasing the prespawn eyes in a couple weeks.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard Bay Walleye? - by fishinfool - 01-26-2003, 05:59 PM
Re: [fishinfool] Willard Bay Walleye? - by HFT - 01-26-2003, 09:51 PM
Re: [fishinfool] Willard Bay Walleye? - by PREDATOR - 01-26-2003, 10:28 PM
Re: [kentofnsl] Willard Bay Walleye? - by Boatiac - 01-28-2003, 04:39 AM
Re: [Hellsangler69] Willard Bay Walleye? - by HFT - 02-03-2003, 02:00 PM
Re: [HFT] Willard Bay Walleye? - by TubeDude - 02-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Willard Bay Walleye? - by DennisW - 02-15-2003, 10:49 PM
Re: [DennisW] Willard Bay Walleye? - by TubeDude - 02-16-2003, 12:16 PM