Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this site slow????
[cool] When you load up this site, it ain't just your standard home page and a couple of text pages. There's a whole gaggle of stuff that loads up...even if you just click on a link to our lowly tubing forum. Then, again, it may be that the moderator is a bit slow.

Seriously, I flit around between home and a couple of different office locations, and of course I keep tabs on several different sites with BFT. I have Qwest digital package at home, and it is much faster than a Cox Cable connection at one of the offices...and infinitely faster than "Billy Bob's" tin can and string connection at the other. There are timew when a slow dialup connection can choke before fulling loading a heavyweight site like this one.

I have also heard that your web browser can make a difference. At one office there is an option to use Netscape or Internet Explorer. The latter seems to work much better and there are fewer problems with posting messages or replies.

How about it Dave or ssor...or Mike? What's the straight scoop here?

And, speaking of slow, Kiyo. Are you not fishing these days...or just not sharing your successes? Always enjoy your input.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Is this site slow???? - by Baytuber - 02-01-2003, 02:12 AM
Re: [Baytuber] Is this site slow???? - by TubeDude - 02-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Re: [Baytuber] Is this site slow???? - by ssor - 02-02-2003, 08:27 AM