Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Skunk-Zilla
Yep, my first trip to Straw and I got skunked. In fact, out of 5 poles in the water, we got one bite all day!

We decided to try Mud Creek area. Got there about 7:30'ish. Got the one and only bite at about 8:15 and that was it! We were all over the place, all the way out into the main body of water. Drilled about 20 holes (note to self #1: Buy new blades for hand auger next trip to sportsmans). I threw every combo at them I could think of. Good news is all day I saw one guy catch a fish, that was it. So, I wasnt the only one not getting any action. We decided to head out about 5:00 and had a heck of a time getting the Honda thru the very thawed and gooey mud on the road (Note to self #2: Drive my gas guzzling 4WD next time) Still had fun and some great conversation out there

Saw AFDAN out there as well. Not sure of the success he had? Hey Hells Angler, was that you in the white chevy with the 4 wheeler in the back that passed me going up the canyon?

Oh yeah, a couple very nice rangers where out checking licenses. Going hole to hole on snow mobile's. They had no problem chatting for a few minutes before the roared off to the next hole
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Strawberry Skunk-Zilla - by Teroy - 02-02-2003, 01:55 AM
Re: [Teroy] Strawberry Skunk-Zilla - by road - 02-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Re: [road] Strawberry Skunk-Zilla - by Teroy - 02-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Re: [Teroy] Strawberry Skunk-Zilla - by road - 02-03-2003, 10:52 PM