Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this site slow????
[cool]Hey, congratulations on the recognition and good luck with the show.

You must be some kind of sound sleeper, to sleep an hour through a FISHING TRIP ALARM. I may be old and experienced, but I still get excited about every new trip. However, one advantage of getting older is that you usually don't need as much sleep (unless you've been up late playing big shot radio star).

I can't remember the last time I actually needed the alarm to get up on time. I always set it, just in case, but I'm one of those wierdos that wakes up a few minutes before the alarm goes off and I just shut it off before it rings. So far, I've never gone back to sleep.

That brings up a question, that may be of interest to other halibut fans. What time is the best time to be on the water this time of year? Is it a factor of tides...bait...temperatures...or what? I seem to recall that some days it was a daybreak bite, while others it was midday or late afternoon. A whole 40 minutes is not much time to wait them out.

I'm sure you have used high speed internet connections before, but there is nothing like getting hooked up at home for the first time. I guarantee you will hock the wife and kids before you will give up DSL and go back to dialup, once you have enjoyed the luxury of the fast connections and downloads. You are no doubt counting down the days.

Have you been getting any reports from either north or south? Pete (LeapingBass), up in Santa Barbara was finding lots of small fish right on the shore...and reported one legal recently. He fishes almost exclusively with Hammers and does well. A prefessional smalt slinger should be able to do some damage too. Any new reports, Pete?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Is this site slow???? - by Baytuber - 02-01-2003, 02:12 AM
Re: [Baytuber] Is this site slow???? - by TubeDude - 02-02-2003, 03:37 AM
Re: [Baytuber] Is this site slow???? - by ssor - 02-02-2003, 08:27 AM