Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this site slow????
Hi TubeDude,

40 minutes is all the time I could fish since I got held up at Big Fish Tackle with the buddies.[Smile] I would've fished longer but it was dark and the Laker game was on tonight.[Wink]

What time is the best time to fish the Halibuts???
I have caught them in almost any tide (High or Low), during Grunion runs, early mornings in slack or good movements of water. A tide change from low to high a couple of hours before it gets dark is excellent for the jetty for the 'butts. I for one LOVE the Red Tide!!!! I catch a lot of Halibuts in Red Tide with the live smelts or frozen Anchovy's. Only problem is they don't fight as hard at first. Seems like your pulling up a plastic bag until it gets to the top then it makes a run for it. Usually in regular water (Not red tides) they will make around 3-4 good runs. In the red tide they rarely make two runs before you net them or gaff them.

Hey, about the sleeping! I was pretty tired this week working/watching my kids ages 5 and 2. It's like having three jobs.[Smile][Smile] Plus the Halibut bite is kind of slow so I wasn't too worked up. But I'm ready for tomorrow!!![Smile]
I have my live smelts in the tank ready for tomorrow morning and will be catching something tomorrow. At least I hope![Smile]

Kiyo
www.baytubers.com
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Is this site slow???? - by Baytuber - 02-01-2003, 02:12 AM
Re: [TubeDude] Is this site slow???? - by Baytuber - 02-02-2003, 06:35 AM
Re: [Baytuber] Is this site slow???? - by ssor - 02-02-2003, 08:27 AM