Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What made the biggest impact on your fishing abilities?
Through out my fishing experiances, i've noticed my skills and abilities becomming more adapt and versitle. I'm sure anyone that has been fishing for any amount of time can contest to that same reasoning. Fisherman have a distinct learning curve.

I also know that along the way i've had a little help getting to the level i'm at today. Some of the tools I used to do so are books, magazines, and recording information about charters i'd taken.

Anytime I intend on targeting a specific species of fish, I buy a book about them and study thier habbits. I've always believed that what dictates the skill level of an angler is thier ability to effectively target a single species.

I also get alot of help from magazines such as "Marlin Mag" and "Saltwater Sportsman." Taking a guided fishing trip and paying close attention to what they do can be extremely beneficial as well. Though some of your charter captains don't reveal all thier secrets on a basic charter, any fisherman with basic skill can fill the voids and capatalize.

I also find alot of help on this website when I run into a problem or have a question. It amazing what 10000 anglers can figure out. [cool]

So what got you to the next level?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
What made the biggest impact on your fishing abilities? - by Tarpon4me - 06-15-2006, 11:26 PM