Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go ahead, Call me a liar!!
My friend called me up last night and wanted to know if I wanted to make a quick trip to Willard.

I have been wanting to fish it for a while (I had never fished it before), so I decided to go.

I didn't have my boat and decided to just cast some jigs from shore. After 10 or so casts, I hooked a fish that felt solid and just held on the bottom for a while. Then it made 4 or 5 good runs.

I assumed it was a catfish and fought it for about 5-10 minutes. I got it to the shore and it was a wiper. Of course being my first trip to Willard it was the first one I had ever caught.

My friend has caught wiper before and he told me that my fish was a striper. I told him I had never heard of Stripers being in Willard.

Anyway...., now for the fish story. I had caught a 5lb cut a few months back at Bear Lake and this fish was considerably bigger. We
both agreed that it was between 6 and 7lb.

I had no idea how big wipers grew and really didn't want the fish. My friend didn't want it either so I just let it go. It was the only fish
I caught and after calling LH2, and confirming that it was a wiper, I am sure I will never catch one that size again.

I saw several boats come near us and saw people catching fish where we were fishing.

Jason
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Go ahead, Call me a liar!! - by cadresults - 06-30-2006, 08:57 PM