Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB Kitty Floatilla Report 7-8-06
I guess I better quit lurking and start posting, since I've now hung out with some real in-the-flesh BFTers.

Thanks to Tubedude and all for all the work, it was a fun time, the catfish were mighty tasty and if y'all haven't heard by now the dutch oven taters were also very tasty.

I was the guy on the yellow kayak, and this beginner managed to catch two mudcats, on shrimp, up in Benjamin Slough.

The two I caught were suicidal, I jerked the hook away from one, and pulled it away a second time, so he helped me out the third time by swallowing the hook.

The other had swallowed the hook while my rod was resting in a holder, I didn't even know I had a fish on.

Even a blind dog gets a bone once in a while.

I was hoping to catch some crawdads and add them to the feast, but my crawdad trap (baited with chicken liver) caught zero dads but two more mudcats. The cats in the trap were bigger than the ones I got with a rod!

None were big enough to eat and went back in the water.

Thanks to all, I had fun, and can't wait to get back out there.I took delivery of a brand new kayak just today, so I have a perfect excuse to go fish, fish, fish.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
LB Kitty Floatilla Report 7-8-06 - by TubeDude - 07-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Re: [TubeDude] LB Kitty Floatilla Report 7-8-06 - by donny - 07-10-2006, 10:21 PM