Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skunked at Willard again.
You know I keep hearing all these great stories about catching wipers at Willard, and I keep getting sucked into going back hoping my luck there will change. Our church youth had a beach and skiing party there at the Pelican beach area Wed. evening, so I figured I might as well take the fishing boat along in order to get my $9.00 worth of fun from the entrance fee. I launched at the North Marina and motored over to the pavilion where supper was on. One of my neighbors brought fresh Tremonton corn on the cob. Good stuff! After eating I coaxed our Scoutmaster into going out with me. He didn't have his license, so I made him the Captain of the ship (Ha Ha) and taught him the controls. We saw several boils off the beach and ocassional lone wiper jumping, but never got close enough to do any good before the action died. We trolled through lots of fish, but not even one hit. Oh well, it was fun until the storm front came in. I had taken Matt back to the beach to catch his ride home. I saw the wind coming and debated whether to try to outrun it back to the marina, and chickened out and beached the boat. Later I decided to heck with it and caught a ride to the marina for the truck and trailer. I asked the big macho boys with us to give me a hand and we carried the boat to the trailer by the sidewalk. That was easier that waiting in line at the marina with all the rest of the boats trying to get out of the water. Hopefully one of these days I can figure out how to catch a wiper again. Acey
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Skunked at Willard again. - by acey - 07-20-2006, 04:44 AM
Re: [acey] Skunked at Willard again. - by maniac - 07-21-2006, 12:26 AM