Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 8/5 maiden voyage
Hey Kent!
We looked for you on Saturday but I didn't see you. It takes a few trips to get the bugs worked out of a new boat...even if if they really aren't bugs! Just takes some getting used to...ask me how I know! (note to self: Rembember to check the safety lanyard when the engine won't start!)
I don't know for what altitude the boat was set up for but on my Merc 20 on my little 14 footer, I had to rejet to get it to run at Strawberry. Jets were cheap ($4.00) and it only takes a few minutes to change them on mine. Runs like a champ now. My buddie's boat required a prop change however. It ran fine (although slightly lower RPM's) at Utah Lake, but would only do 3300 ish rpms on Strawberry. New lower pitch prop and now he's in the 4000ish range, which is still a little low, but the boat now planes and went from 13 mph before (not planing) to 25 mph now!
So it might be the prop, or the jets, or both...or neither.
I'm still working the bugs out of my boat also!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.

Messages In This Thread
Strawberry 8/5 maiden voyage - by kentofnsl - 08-06-2006, 02:45 AM
Re: [kentofnsl] Strawberry 8/5 maiden voyage - by N.E.T.O. - 08-07-2006, 07:59 PM