Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C.A.S.T. for Kids at Strawberry
Well, the Berry was ripe with fish and it wasthe greatest of times, Saturday August 12th. I asked for help and MGB came through with the best advice...many thanks....

We got there at 6:00 AM and was one of the first to arrive, other then the people setting up the tables and getting things ready. They had hot coffee ready and CBR and myself was glad for that......

After the many people with boats and other helpers showed up and signed in, about 7:30 the Kids started showing up and getting paired up with their guides....

About 8:30 we met with RJ (the kid I was to guide) and his mother and headed out ...

RJ had been fishing before but had never been able to catch a fish. We headed for the ladders and setup the poles and the game was on...

I made a cast and was showing RJ how to work the drop shot when I felt the first bite. I handed the pole to RJ and he set the hook and the battle was on. After a good fight the fish was in the net, It was a great 20 inch rainbow and after that you could see only Smiles on RJ. By the end of the 1 1/2 hours of fishing RJ had boated 10 trout over 20 inches and released 6 of them, but kept 4. Three were rainbows and one cutthroat that was 22 1/2 inches long.....

When we got back we found out that RJ had the biggest and the most fish and won a free mounting of one of his biggest fish. Oh yes his two biggest fish were both 4.9 lbs all thanks to MGB for his great advice and yes I am bragging......... [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif] [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif] [Image: icon_wink.gif] What a great day...

I'll send some pictures to tubedude (not to be Confused with tub dude), to post. The C.A.S.T for Kids is a great program.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17915;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17916;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17917;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17918;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17919;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17920;]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
C.A.S.T. for Kids at Strawberry - by bassrods - 08-13-2006, 05:12 PM