Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford deals out more pain
I once used to believe that the unions were to blaim a long time ago, believed it for many years, untill I had several bad experiences with non union shops where a man could loose his job because the owners poker buddies sister inlaws boyfriends drinking buddy with no experience could bump you from your job.

If you are waiting for the government to protect your job, forget it you have a better chance of getting hit by lightning.

I dont deny there is a problem with unions, many have become corupt. those who have been there for number of years selling out those who come in to the union.

but the simple fact is, when they shipped my 5 dollar an hour job over seas the price of the parts I was producing remained the same as a union labor who was receiving 27 dollars an including benifits.

now if a ford employe was making more than 50 thousand a year, yes, by all means I would agree, but when you look at demographics that show the cost of living for a family of 4, 50 thousand dosnt look so outragous all of a suddon, especialy when you look at that same family of 4 who is not working in a union family who needs to rely on state and federal assistance to get by day to day. meaning they have no heath insurance to speak of, cost of housing, auto home what health insurance, not to mention the cost of education for your kids, kids here now all have to have uniforms in public schools because kids clothing is litteraly being stollen of off the backs of other kids.

Detroit is now one of the murder capitols of the world, Why? because industry was once again allowed to ship jobs over seas, thanks to the past half dozen presidents....

so do I blame industry wanting to get a fatter bottom line, Yes when they do it irresponcibly.... there are millions of people standing around our cities who would stab their best buddy in the back to make half of what a union employe makes.

by the way, my last industrial job had blue cross blue shield, but when a co worker took his two kids in for anual check ups and required imunization shots for school, he was refered to the county health department for low income families in need of assistance because his blue cross blue shield didnt cover his kids. I made the mistake of talking about meeting a gal and was thinking about starting a family, next thing I new, I was fired.

so do I feel for industry side of the story? I will just say this, I am as loyal to them as they are to me..... that's my moto.....

so lets face it, in todays times, we have cost that were not present 75 years ago, manditory cost. Cost on top of our regular day to day.

auto insurance
health insurance
home insurance
life insurance
Property tax
school tax
income tax
house payment
car payment
food
clothing
fuel for heating
fuel for transportation
today a phone is a nessity not a luxurary

so lets face it, the cost of living in this country has minimum standards, and if some one wants to make and sell products here, they need to make sure these standards or pay the duty, but with the new Traid agreements stating business can now make products over seas and ship them back with out duty fees makes it desirable for industry to manufacture and assemble products out of contry and sell them here as if they were manufactured here.

Talk about your double standards.....

I used to make tank water pump pullies for Chrylser on a lathe, 350 peices per hour. I was paid less than a penny and a half for each one at 5 dollars an hour in filthy oil filled air and rancid cutting oils. "non union" I used to make Alternator pullies for ford desels for a nickle apeice on the lathe at 5 dollars an hour. Yet both ford and chrylser sent my jobs over seas... I wasnt working cheep enough....[crazy]

When I saw what the government payed for those tank pullies, I droped to my seat and become deathly ill, $471.oo per pully. I was being paid less than a penny and a half, O'l Leiakokela or what ever his name was and Ross shure pulled a fast one over me..... I bailed them out of a financial hole only to be fired by them shipping my job over seas...

My job was not union and it was cheep labor in a sweat shop with little or no benifits. so union had nothing to do with it..... Our government is at fault for paveing the way to the sell out of its labor workforce by allowing jobs to be shipped over seas and allowing a flood of labor to flow in to this contry unchecked....

By the way, I applied for one of those jobs that industry was saying no american wanted for less than what they were paying a forgen worker,,,, they wouldnt hire me....[laugh] Ya gotta laugh cause when you think of the implications of what I am saying, it will make you cry...

It is said that a man's perspective on things is in direct relation to his suroundings...

my point is, it is hard for some one who scrapes in 10-12 thousand dollars a year to have sympathy for some one who is getting paid a few hundred million dollars per year from his company and paying top exectives 50 % of what he is making before claiming his proffit or losses for the year.... Those are non union payed imployees....

As I had said I have seen good unions, and I have worked for bad unions that sold out to corporate. I have worked in sweat shops. Being in detroit where we have more labor than we can shake a stick at and enough work to only put a third of that labor to work. who is paying for this? the individual tax payer... becaue our government relinquised the duty fees laws that once paid for our poor, disabled, and layed off employees.

what ford and chrylser has done with these anouncements is cutting thier unemployment costs. by anouncing it now, they will not have to pay the extentions on lay off benifits they would other wise have to pay thier labor because there are no replacement jobs available.

NO Other country allows the non duty free importation of parts and products... why the devil are we? the answer is to fatten the bottom line for corporate....

it is imoral, it turly is, when you think about it. build an economy in one place and when it is advantagous to take an economy over seas or across the borders is called bleeding. or in todays terms, "Fleasing Of America" Then bring back the industry to our side of the border when it is affordable because the economy over seas starts demanding a minimal standard of living. They are not going to want to live in dirt floor huts for ever, not after they have become educated, medicated.

I dont blaim other contries for wanting the economic relief, but it isnt there, it realy isnt, cause if the economy goese here there is nothing to send over there... in the way of merchandize, money, aid for disaster refugies. Our nation has become the welfare state it once was back in 1929.

But Again my veiw is limmited to what I see around me.

I could be wrong, that is if there are auto union employees that are making more than two cars salery per year. If any one knows of a union employee who is making more than 50 thousand a year including benifits let me know....

the jobs being lost in my area are 30-45 thousand dollars per year, and the by out for lower ladder union employes is in some cases less than a years sallery. to which the employee will have to pay taxes on, and not receive the medical benifits he would normaly get if he just took the lay off for the same year of unemployment.

Pretty classy aye [Tongue]

they are not just hurting us, they are hurting where ever it is they are going to, Detroit is now a ghost town of what it once used to be. One would almost think that the salt mine catacombs under the city are due to colaps at any given minute the way industry is leaving.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Ford deals out more pain - by davetclown - 09-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Re: [829] Ford deals out more pain - by gdn443 - 09-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Re: [gdn443] Ford deals out more pain - by davetclown - 09-19-2006, 08:00 PM