Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubin' Yuba Lake 9-27-06
[black][size 3]Hey TD,

Good on you ! Yummy perch - too bad we can't keep any from there yet. Last time I was there(last fall) there were lots'o tiny perchettes. At that time, I thought it was potentially a good sign for the larger predatory fish populations. But, you bring up the other side of the equation here that should be addressed - that being; the prey and the predators are primarily feeding on the same food - and, the prey have a significant numeric advantage that allows them to out-compete the predators for the food base. Something's gonna give.

Has the DWR done any kind of creel surveys or species population density studies there at Yuba(Sevier River dam impoundment) that have been published or made public yet ?

I'm a lttle Confused(as usual) as to why the trout-centic types around these parts would want the perchies overpopulating and out competeing thier prefered species. Also, why would the Walleye club folks want the perch to overrun that pond - little perch sized walleyes need to eat too.

Good luck with the RAC folks - tell them they should fill that puddle with catfish - great big ones.[/size][/black]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Tubin' Yuba Lake 9-27-06 - by TubeDude - 09-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Tubin' Yuba Lake 9-27-06 - by Fishhound - 09-29-2006, 12:24 PM