Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EAST PORTAL - THE BERRY
After talking to the Ironworker, MGB and others, I finally made it up to Strawberry with the kick boat on Tuesday morning. I decided to stop at East Portal which is actually on the West side of the Berry for some action. There was alot of fog and alot of people for a Tuesday. Started with flies, both olive and red and I got hits on the olive right away. Caught two 20+ inch fish within 10 minutes of getting in the water. Lots of surface activity. I wanted to try pointers so I threw one on my casting rod and caught my first fish with a Lucky Craft. That was very fun. The fog stayed until 11:00am and the fish stayed up high all morning. After lunch I put on a white bugger and the fish loved that. They liked it fast and every now and again they would take the olive bugger as well. The fish are amazing. No monsters, but many in the 20-22 range. No rainbows. I wish they would put more rainbows in the berry for us that want a meal or two. Oh well, I will take a trophy fishery over trout for dinner any day. I went home very happy at about 2pm and I can't wait to get up there again.[Smile]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
EAST PORTAL - THE BERRY - by chinook - 10-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Re: [chinook] EAST PORTAL - THE BERRY - by MGB - 10-05-2006, 03:04 AM
Re: [MGB] EAST PORTAL - THE BERRY - by chinook - 10-06-2006, 07:56 PM