Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's that time again
Well fellow anglers, it's that magical time again for those who are bound by the winter months, and have that long wait for spring to come back around. There's a quiet Sadness that creeps across the US when that final day of warm weather meets it's end. I believe I even shed a tear the other day.

I know myself, I await a freak day of warmth just to get back out on the water, even though I know I won't catch much. Some fish still hang out in the big blue, but the conditions are misrable and the bite is very slow.

By now, all the creek fishermen and women are enjoying the spoils of the winter flounder and dog tooth trout, but soon that will be long gone as well. The striper fishing is nearing it's peak on the east coast. The big blues and Tuna are hagging around NC. But before we know it, it'll be all done, and we'll be cutting eyes in jealously to those brothers and sisters that are fortunate enough to live somewhere like Florida.

Now our fellow BFT'rs like DaveTclown are bringing out the ice fishing gear and getting ready for another cold season. I wish the best of luck to those die hard anglers out on the ice.

For me, it's time to bring out the hunting gear and winterize the fishing gear and boats. It's a Sad, Sad day here in South Carolina. Many anglers fish for crappie in the winter, but I have a hard time dealing with the cold, atleast on the water. I like to toss rapala lures into golf course ponds on the warmer winter days. Maybe even a trip to the reef for some shark fishing action; that is if it's warm enough to go.

I have but one more major trip planned for the year. There is a stretch of about 2 or 3 weeks that you can catch large grouper inshore, around 15 miles, in only 50 feet of water. I wait for this trip each year, the only problem is that I have to have good conditions to do it. If the water doesn't cooperate on the stretch of weekends I have off, I miss the chance to go and have to wait until next year.

Well fellas, i'd like to hear your side of the winter story.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
It's that time again - by Tarpon4me - 10-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Re: [Tarpon4me] It's that time again - by gdn443 - 10-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Re: [gdn443] It's that time again - by tomc - 10-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Re: [tomc] It's that time again - by Tarpon4me - 10-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Re: [Tarpon4me] It's that time again - by tomc - 10-28-2006, 10:32 AM