Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modifying My Pontoon
[cool][#0000ff]For small water bassin' my suggestion is to forget the electric and learn to use the oars. The extra weight and hassle of messin' with the motor, for relatively little use, is not worth the expense and bother. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It also looks like you have about as much altitude (seating) as you really need...except for flipping. There are always some tradeoffs. We can't have it all. Again, for the expense and fuss of making that modification it just might not be worth it for the small amount of additional height you could gain. You definitely sit higher than tubers and we catch lots of bass from the lower platforms of our tubes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Wind is the big problem with floatation fishing, especially with a high profile craft like your 'toon. No way around it, you will either have to use the oars (and/or an anchor) or get used to the idea that you will have to develop tree-trunk legs for kicking more. Otherwise, watch the weather and try to plan trips when you have little or no wind.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Modifying My Pontoon - by Huskertko - 10-27-2006, 04:22 PM